Friday, March 18, 2011

Once you go Quack, you never go back

Or at least that's what Uncle P* decide while watching this next movie.

*what does the P stand for, you ask? I'm starting to think it's for "pun." Uncle Pun has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Howard the Duck
Here's the trailer:

We notice several awesome things about this movie:

1. Wow, that was some terrible acting!

2. I wish I had a crimper for my hair because Leah Thompson's hair was pretty amazing.

3. Birds and Arrows show perform behind a chain-link fence from now on because their shows definitely get rowdy!

4. There was an odd mix of reactions to people who encountered Howard - they would either find him totally acceptable, or run screaming. No in between. And on a few people thought it was a kid dressed in a duck suit.

5. When Beverly was going through Howard's wallet, she stumbles across a condom. This was a strange scene. First, we noticed that based on the size of this condom, extraterrestrial ducks aren't very well endowed. Second, and more disturbing, the condom wasn't in a package or anything. Just hanging out in the wallet. What is up with that?

6. So when a human and an extraterrestrial duck get it on, is it bestiality?



I could go on, but instead I'll just refer you to this amazing video I found on youtube: The 10 Most Disturbing Howard the Duck Moments. It's got it all, including the duck bobbies.



7. The special effects in this movie are definitely worth mentioning, especially the lasers and fire coming out of the bad dude's eyes (the fun starts around 5:25).




I have to admit that I totally fell asleep towards the end of this one. However I did manage to wake back up for the best ending of a movie evah!



And to think that the Apologetic Bartender and I both loved this movie as kids...


Our cocktail of the evening: The Gilbert Got-Fired

A shot of vodka
some kualha
a splash of milk
Garnish with a peep.

I really wish we had remembered to take a photo of this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment